Friday 27 January 2012

Exercise and a Fat Bird.

Well, I have been back on the diet wagon for three whole weeks and have lost a fairly impressive 8.5lb so far.  The trousers that were cutting me in two the first week back at work after Christmas now fit beautifully.  My boobs are no longer spilling out of my bra, I can zip up my boots again and I actually do feel thinner. 

I've realised how sedentary I've become since going back to work so I now use the furthest printer on my floor and walk up and down the stairs instead of using the lift.  Each flight is the equivalent of two flights of domestic stairs and I work on the 4th floor.  The coffee shop is on the 1st floor and the restaurant on the 2nd.  My new boss works on the 3rd, as do many of my colleagues, so on average in total, I'm scaling the dizzy heights of 15-20 flights of office stairs a day.  

The first week nearly killed me.  In fact, the on first day I tried, I gave up at the 3rd floor and took the lift up to the 4th because I was almost on my knees after climbing 86 steps.  By the time I stagger those last few steps to my desk each morning I am a sweating, puffing and panting mess.  Fortunately I'm usually the first one in so nobody sees me and I have time to compose myself before the guys start arriving.  But at least I'm doing something and every day it gets a bit easier.  The day it feels 'easy', I'll start running up them instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment