Wednesday 2 February 2011

One of those days

Do you ever get the feeling it's going to be one of those days?  

I have suffered with pelvic pain, sciatica and constant general backache since my last pregnancy.  I have, in the past, had physiotherapy, osteopathy and chiropractic treatments which have all helped to some degree but ultimately one learns to live with persistent pain.  I know how to lift, carry and bend without hurting myself and am able to function pretty much normally, providing I am careful.  It is the little things that trigger the chronic pain though... such as picking up a sock, slipping ever so slightly on a patch of water on the kitchen floor or having your seven year old run up, bash into you and hug you.

I managed to put my back out on Monday night. I am not entirely sure how it happened, but I think it could have been getting out of the shower.  I woke up yesterday in agony, but managed to get to college and do my five hours of penance in the most uncomfortable chairs known to mankind.  I crawled into bed at around 9pm last night and fell straight to sleep.  Typically, I was woken twice for trivial things and consequently by midnight was wide awake, waiting for the diclofenic to take effect.  I just couldn't find a comfortable position and when I finally did, my DH turned over and snored in my face, rendering it impossible to sleep.  I did doze off in the end, out of sheer fatigue, only to be roused again by YD who had had another nightmare.  She got in the bed between us and kept us both awake until the alarm went off.

The male child has been missing for a couple of days.  There is nothing particularly unusual in this and he has been told innumerable times to either call or text if he isn't coming home, but he never does.  It has been worrying me in this instance though as the last I heard was that he and his lovely girlfriend had had a blazing row, ending with her storming out, followed by her returning shortly afterwards and going around the house collecting all of her belongings.  As a parent you always think the worse... young men, full of emotion but generally lacking in common sense have been known to do some very silly things.  Fortunately he was found sleeping in his bed this morning, very much alive but 'feeling like death'.  I am none the wiser as to the situation with his love life but relieved to know that he is OK.

The nocturnal child's bus was late this morning, so she was still in the house at 8:30am, rather than arriving at college.  I'm not sure what she was doing between 7am and then,  but it certainly wasn't her chores.  The promises she made about helping out around the house seem to have petered out and the kitchen is now back to its usual shabby state.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, but at least I won't have to shell out lots of cash this week as she's still in 'debt' for the money she borrowed last month.

On top of that, after preparing for an observation tomorrow, it's now been postponed (again) until next week so I'll need to do all the prep again.  I found out this morning that a good friend lost her father yesterday.  When I went to clean out the hens this morning (during my short drug-induced window of being pain-free), I discovered that DH had driven off with the feed, corn and straw in the back of the truck.  He's only had since Saturday to unload it, after all.  I've run out of eggs, I forgot to buy washing powder, the milkman hasn't been so I've no milk either and one of the goldfish was found dead in the bottom of the tank. And it's only 10 o'clock.

Looking on the bright side, the male child is home safe, the nocturnal child caught the 9am bus, I haven't got the stress of being observed tomorrow to keep me awake tonight, there are only two more days until the weekend and YD has had a couple of really good days at school as the boys have left her alone. 

I may even have time to do some crafting today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gini, Ive left you an award on my blog because I love your blog sooooo much xxx

    ReplyDelete