Monday 31 January 2011

An Interesting Conversation with the School...

An update for all of you that have been contacting me about the school situation!

We had an extremely productive meeting with the Head and the class teacher this afternoon and feel reassured that the situation in school with YD will not be allowed to continue.  We discussed the various strategies available to combat the issues and I will be interested to see how things pan out.  They are obviously concerned and taking the matter seriously.

I have edited my earlier post on the topic of bullying as it was felt by some parent(s) that, despite the fact that no names were mentioned, it was possible to identify themselves/families/children in the post.  In fact, they felt so strongly that they felt it necessary to print out the post and hand it into the school, so I will have to be more careful about what I say from now on as I would not want to be seen as working against the school or inflaming the situation (and let this be a lesson to all you bloggers out there).  I recognise that the truth hurts and can only apologise to anyone who thinks they may have recognised themselves/someone close to them in my blog.  I have no worries at all that the Headteacher and other members of staff have read it as there was nothing in it that wasn't true.  In fact, I would like to thank that person as the Head is now apprised of an earlier, equally serious situation that I would not otherwise have bought up as it was in the past.

I'm sure that this post will also find its way onto the Head's desk, but sincerely hope that the revised, earlier blog post is now acceptable to all parties concerned.    




No comments:

Post a Comment