Thursday 26 May 2011

Nothing Especially Interesting.

I was observed teaching again today.  It’s not my favourite thing if I’m honest, and it can be quite demoralising having my resources and paperwork scrutinised and teaching methods criticised.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to be told that it was all good and there is no higher praise than to be told by the person 'grading' you that they will be taking some of your teaching practices and resources and using them in their own practice.

On a different note, DH’s rehabilitation is going well and continues to be a constant source of entertainment.   He has been practising his fine motor skills this afternoon so I suggested that he peel some potatoes for dinner.  Every chore is a challenge for him as he suffers tremors and spasms on a regular basis.  Sometimes his hand will lock onto something, another time his hand will open suddenly and he will fling what he is holding across the room.  I’ve lost count of the number of times he has dropped the potato and thrown the peeler into the pan of water.  However, as he gets tired the spasms get worse so I’m going to leave the room now before I am impaled by a potato peeler... If you don't hear from me tomorrow, hopefully it will be because I'm en route to see Take That... not that I have been stabbed to death with a kitchen implement!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment