Tuesday 5 July 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I've been very busy again today.  I've nearly finished another quilt... I just need to hand-sew the edging and it's done.  But more excitingly, something arrived in the post this morning that I've been desperate to receive... printer fabric. 

"What's that?"  I hear you cry.

Basically it's chemically treated, paper-backed cotton fabric that you can put through a printer to print photos on.  Hard-wearing and washable photographs.  Fantastic stuff. 

I've decided to make my mother-in-law a memory quilt for Christmas.  She has 16 grandchildren and step-grandchildren, so it will be a 16 block lap quilt, each with a photo of a grandchild in the middle.  I need to start it now and try to finish it soon as I don't know where we'll be from September and I doubt I'll have time to make it for Christmas if we move back into our own house at the end of October (or later).

It'll look something like this (but better), but in blues and white with black and white photographs:


I think my mother-in-law will love it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea Gini! I'll be really interested to see that finished...Fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great idea - yes you certainly are busy. joy

    ReplyDelete