Saturday 23 July 2011

I'm Back!

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve blogged and I’ve been up to a fair few things instead of sitting in front of my pc!  Firstly, the tooth that has been giving me so much pain and trouble for the past 14 months is finally gone. I had it removed under a general anaesthetic two weeks ago today.  I was in complete agony afterwards, with a face that looked as if I’d done a few rounds with Mike Tyson.  I couldn’t eat for a few days and my gum looked as if the tooth had been dug out with a teaspoon. Fortunately it’s healing well and I’m now back on ‘proper’ solid food.

Since then, I’ve been down to Essex for an interview and assessment at Anglia Ruskin University, who subsequently offered me a place (which I immediately accepted).  The OD has been up for a few days and the children’s godmother and her family have been staying with us for the past week so we have been out and about as much as the weather has allowed.

But most notably, the Nocturnal Child bought a boy home.  An actual boy.  Twice.  Not a ‘mate’, but the boyfriend.  I have been told of the existence of such creatures but had never actually experienced one connected to the Nocturnal Child.  Even stranger is the fact that he seems to be a perfectly normal, polite, well-mannered lad.  He didn’t have 1,000s of face piercings and has all his fingers and toes, both eyes and hair.  Proper hair, not a blue Mohawk or a greasy ponytail, just ordinary, brown, slightly swept to one side hair.  And he’s clever.  Almost to the point of geekishness (speaking as a geek myself, I see this as an excellent trait – after all, it has served me very well throughout my life).  He had dinner and joined in the conversation freely and as naturally as a lad confronted with parents, siblings, cousins and godparents all in one go can.  To be honest, I’m struggling to think of things I didn’t like about him.  Apart from his silly beardy bit, but I'm sure he’ll grow out of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment