Friday 8 July 2011

Signing off for a few days

I'm signing off for a few days as I'm going into hospital tomorrow to have a horribly infected tooth removed under general anaesthetic.  They've been trying to treat it for 14 months now without success, partly due to the fact that I am a 'variant' and they can't numb me with conventional methods.  As it's a second molar the dental hospital won't undertake root treatment and there was no point paying to be treated privately as I had already been told that there was little chance of success as I need the kind of anaesthetic only available in the hospital.

I am a dreadful coward so to keep my mind off of the impending op, I have been working hard on the memory quilt and it's looking really good (even if I do say so myself).  I've also just started a quilt for YD's teacher's end of year gift.  It's going to be from the whole class, paid for with the donations made by parents.  If I can find some fabric pens I'm going to get each child to write their name on a piece of fabric and then incorporate them into the quilt somewhere.  I'm sure that there are some children in the class that Mrs P would rather forget, but in this age of inclusion they all have to go on, or none of them at all.

With a bit of luck I should be able to finish the hand stitching on the memory quilt while I'm waiting to go down to theatre tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment