Tuesday 14 June 2011

Quilt Photos as Promised

I finished my second quilt last night and I am SO PLEASED with it.  It’s a lap quilt at just a fraction under  1.2m/4’ square.  This one was originally going to the Linus Project, but as soon as YD saw the first block, she claimed it for herself.  She had already designed her ‘new bedroom’ for when we move back to Essex later this year and was originally having cream walls with a lavender feature wall, decorations, soft furnishings and bedding.  However, she has now had a complete change of heart and is now going for a multi-coloured look.  Luckily I hadn’t bought any of this purpleness yet (apart from some butterfly wall stickers) so the fact that we’re now going for a rainbow theme is fine by me.

I have also done all the blocks for a quilt for the nocturnal child, but I’m going to need to have that one professionally quilted as unfortunately YD’s lap quilt was just about as big as my domestic sewing machine could handle.  Luckily I have found a lovely, friendly lady in Yorkshire who is prepared to do it for me for a reasonable price.  I’m not quite ready to send it off yet (I have about 1,000 loose threads to finish off first) and I have no idea how long it will take, but if she’s good, I’ll use her again for any large items I want quilting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment