Wednesday 29 June 2011

Anniversary Day

It was our 10th anniversary yesterday.  Not our wedding anniversary, but our anniversary of being together, which to me is the more significant date.  However, I’m not one for celebrating this type of event, so I kept quiet about it, knowing that DH would never in a million years have remembered.   

So in typical style, it was just an ordinary day.  I marked the occasion by cooking a shepherd’s pie from Sunday's leftover roast lamb (part of the anti-waste campaign I’m currently enforcing) and then went out for the evening to my textiles group to “stitch and bitch”. 

I’m not sure if he did remember or whether he overheard a telephone conversation but when I got home, he was sitting on the couch in his pyjamas and dressing gown with a perfectly chilled bottle of bubbly waiting for me.

Who says romance is dead…?

3 comments:

  1. well, he must have thought about it before-hand, in order to chill the bubbly - give him the credit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww thats lovely Gini...Hope you enjoyed the bubbly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gini, I have awarded you with the versatile bloggers award, please see my latest blog post

    ReplyDelete