Saturday 8 January 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

Had an unusally busy Saturday today... YD has ballet, tap and musical theatre exams next month and the time-tabling of extra rehearsals has been an nightmare.  The Scary Principle scheduled her additional performing arts rehearsals for Saturdays, 3pm-4pm and Tuesdays, 4pm-5pm, which is exactly the same time as her long-standing ballet and tap classes.  When I explained this to her, she basically told us it was our problem to deal with as the children had been asked if they had any other commitments and YD had not said anything.  For goodness sake woman, she's 7!  She barely knows what day of the week it is, let alone what time she does things and what she does on what day.  

Luckily, the principal of the dancing school is not a such tyrant and has been very accommodating, kindly agreeing to a temporary change of classes but this now means having to leave performing arts at 11:45am instead of 1pm which didn't go down well... so this morning we were out by 9:45am, dropped YD off at 10am, collected at 11:45 to drop off at dancing at 12pm... pick up again at 12:30pm, home for lunch, then back to performing arts for 3pm, picking up again at 4pm then home for dinner.  Somehow, I also managed to fit in a 30 minute cardio workout, shopping on the market, catching up on some very necessary paperwork and a trip to the supermarket.  I also had to buy a football kit for Celeste's musical theatre exam (costume) - Stephen insisted on an Arsenal kit, YD insisted on the 'away' strip - HOW EXPENSIVE? I could have bought a complete outfit for me, full price, from Boden for less!!!  So much for the January 'economy drive'!

I tried the Wii 'Your Shape' today, which was a bit of a mission, but well worth it once I'd got over all the inital setting up.  I waited until the house was empty (well, the older kids were still in bed) and then made a complete idiot of myself in front of the tv for half an hour.  The only audience I had comprised a few bemused hens the other side of the french doors, who were completely transfixed by the madness they could see.  DH also had a go a bit later and liked it so much that he went straight out and invested in a set of hand-weights and an exercise ball to go with it.  All I need now is the 'step' and I'll never need to join a gym!   Might just treat myself to a small glass of vino to celebrate...

1 comment:

  1. Still loving the bog Ginni. Only problem I'm having is: I call my childrens dad (my ex) DH for a completely different reason ending with 'head'. Everytime you refer to your 'Darling husband' I read D.head. Lol its taking some getting used too!

    ReplyDelete