Thursday 20 January 2011

One Born Every Minute

My son, being a male child and therefore not very bright, has had his tongue pierced.  Not a great idea at the best of times, even worse when it’s been done ‘on a dare’.  He is 19 now and has never, ever, mentioned wanting to have it done before.  I can only assume alcohol was involved together with said ‘dare’ from an army mate who happens to be over here on leave.  The friend in question is clearly as big an idiot as he looks and my son even more so.  

I’m particularly cross as he can barely speak and is supposed to be looking for a job (as he can’t be bothered to train to pass the fitness test and get himself into the army).  He has a telephone interview this afternoon and I'm convinced they will mark him down as SEN on account of the terrible speech impediment he has developed.  

Apparently his girlfriend is livid.  Quite frankly, I don’t blame her.

Many of his facebook friends are now questioning his sexuality.  I’m just questioning his sanity. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gini...I'm so sorry but reading this had me in stitches! You have a brilliant wit! Even though I know you must be having a nervous breakdown you wrote this wonderfully funny! xxx

    ReplyDelete