Friday 7 January 2011

Snow was falling, snow on snow...

Surprise, surprise... it's snowing again.  We've had snow laying since 24th November and it's just boring now.  Quite frankly I'm just fed up with being cold.  It did warm up a little bit at the beginning of the week (as in the temperature got into plus numbers) but its freezing again now.  Let's see what tomorrow brings - I haven't managed to watch the local weather as control of the Sky remote is out of my hands (we seem to be having a 'Dr Who' evening for some strange, unknown reason) so I will have the thrill of opening the curtains in the morning, not knowing what to expect.  Don't tell anyone, but I am hoping for lots of snow so that DH (darling husband) takes YD (youngest daughter) to her performing arts class in the morning, especially as he has to tell the very scary lady principle that she has to leave early for a tap dancing lesson.  Rather him than me any day!

I am also optimistic that the nocturnal child will actually clean the kitchen today... she offered, completely out of the blue, to do it - for money of course - so I have high hopes, particularly as the sales are on and she's got 'nothing to wear'.  Yeah, right.  To be fair though, both she and the male child have been up since before 8am this morning and her room, at least, is fairly tidy now.  As I write this, however, she is snuggled up on the other end of the couch, under a sofa throw, stuffing her face with Christmas chocolates, glued to the tv, so I won't hold my breath!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment