Saturday 22 January 2011

Planning

I hate not being able to plan anything.  Everyone who knows me is aware that I like to be very organised... after all, proper planning is the secret to domestic success.  However, with the current uncertainty surrounding DH's next role, it's not possible to guess where we'll be in three months, let alone make any medium or long term plans.  If we knew we were staying here, there wouldn't be a problem.  I had decided that I would like to go onto university in September to complete my BEd.  Obviously I would have to stay locally as I have family responsibilities but I can't apply anywhere as we don't know what part of the country we'll be living in.  Likewise, I would have been looking to expand the part-time teaching I do, but I can't sign up for anything if I'm not 100% sure I can fulfil my obligations - nor can I hand my notice in as it may be possible to continue.  Similarly, if we knew where we were going, I could be calling around to arrange piano lessons, swimming, stage school, dance classes and so on.  I could be house hunting and trawling the Ofsted website in search of a new school for YD and a college for the nocturnal child.  But instead I am stuck in limbo, frustrated and irritated.  DH does not appreciate how stressful it is for a self-confessed control freak to be out of control.    

No comments:

Post a Comment